- Belgrave Office – Yarra Ranges
- Casual Part-Time (up to 32/week) with a view to a permanent position. – Can tailor to suit your situation (family-friendly employer).
This is a chance to use your design passion and skills to affect a product’s journey to become a reality.
SCAD Design has a vacant position commencing immediately.
We are a small product design house, designing a wide range of products. Our bread and butter work is developing and detailing electronics and electrical enclosures, connectors, switches and power outlets, and accessories for these products. Plastic injection mouldings are a significant part of our total deliverables to our clients.
We develop products from concept through to production and pride ourselves on a robust design for manufacturability approach. Where a solid practical and mechanically based approach is essential, an ability to contribute and create product styling and presentation is an advantage. The ability to be able to work autonomously is also necessary.
- Be proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Be a good problem solver
- Have a good mechanical aptitude and be able to analyze and resolve complex design problems
- Have experience with the design of plastic injection mouldings and pressed sheet metal components
- Be able to communicate effectively (verbally and written).
- Be able to follow instructions
- Have experience with computer-based rendering and concept presentations.
- Work methodically and utilize and/or develop systems for continued output quality.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Have experience in the preparation of engineering drawings
It would also be an advantage but not essential that you:
- Have previously designed electrical and electronic products and understand electrical safety standards.
- Are proficient in the use of the Corel Suite of programs
- Are proficient in the use of Photo View 360 or Visualize (SolidWorks rendering program).
- Have knowledge of both conventional high to medium-volume manufacturing and digital manufacturing and prototyping processes.
- Are comfortable creating concept/proof of concept prototypes.
- Have knowledge of tooling and machining techniques.
Please send your application (Cover letter and CV) via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Position Vacant)
Applications Close: Extended to September 12, 2022