Position Available – Product / Industrial designer.
Belgrave Office – Yarra Ranges
Full or Part time. Tailor to suite your situation (family friendly employer)
No expectation to work extra unpaid hours
A chance to use your design passion and skills to affect a product’s journey through to becoming a reality.
SCAD Design is a small product design house, designing a wide range of products. Many of the projects are electrical or electronic in nature and moulded plastics design is a major part of our deliverables.
We develop products from concept through to production and pride ourselves on a strong design for manufacturability approach. Where a strong practical and mechanically based approach is important, an ability to contribute and create product styling and presentation is an advantage. An ability to be able to work autonomously is also important.
– Be proficient in the use of SolidWorks
– Be a good problem solver
– Have a good attention to detail.
– Be methodical in their approach to Design.
– Have a good mechanical aptitude
– Have experience with the design of plastic and sheet metal components
– Be able to communicate effectively
– Have experience with computer-based rendering and concept presentations.
It would also be an advantage but not essential that you:
– Have previously designed electrical and/or electronic products
– Are proficient in the use of the Corel Suite of programs
– Are proficient in the use of Photo View 360 or SolidWorks Visualize
– Have a knowledge of rapid prototyping / 3D Printing
– Are comfortable creating concept/proof of concept prototypes
– Have some knowledge of tooling and machining techniques
Please send your application and CV via email to:
Applications close – Extended to mid night July 03, 2017